Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the principle that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself. Using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques, the body, mind and emotions are supported during the healing process.
Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area.
Naturopathy encompasses a variety of treatment methods including:
- Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses
- Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
- Lifestyle advice to promote well-being and to reduce stress
- Massage Therapy to restore physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing
- Mineral Therapy to treat deficiencies
- Food Intolerance testing to promote systemic health
- Energetic healing to promote health
- Flower essences to restore emotional and spiritual health
Naturopathy can alleviate a wide range of conditions and is suitable for all ages. Some of the more common conditions treated include fatigue, stress related ailments, digestive problems, PMT, menopause, food intolerances, skin disease, weight management, and general aches and pains. However, you do not need to be unwell to benefit from naturopathy.
Naturopathic treatments boost the body's natural healing potential, restoring harmony and preventing disease.
From 1st April 2019 naturopathy will no longer be permitted to be covered under private health insurance policies. This is due to the Australian Government private health insurance reforms.